Change Facebook Password: Suppose you woke up one morning and found some malicious activities upon accessing that happened in account last night. With unsolicited images or posts being shared on FB wall and your known ones in the contact list commenting on those images, your reputation has already been degraded among them. As Facebook account identity theft happened in your case, the people in your friend list are blaming you for such kind of notorious activities. But it’s been quite late since the actions have been executed on your social media account.
The only thing you can do now is to create a post regarding the account compromise that happened in your account to make your known ones aware of the situation you are dealing with. The other immediate step is to check the location and IP from where last activity has taken place. Once you are able to fetch the details such as IP address and location from where the malicious activities have taken place, the next instantaneous action to be taken from your end is blocking the particular IP from where the account was accessed. But it’s really a tricky situation as you will get fed up blocking different IPs at regular time intervals whenever any scammer successfully attempts to compromise your identity.
Here is a short video will solve your problem instantly
You are supposed to change Facebook password on an immediate basis. But it’s really not enough. Making modifications in the security options is required to prevent your social networking/media account to a huge extent. Internet users are only aware of sharing posts, uploading images and video, creating business page accessing their social networking account profile but are not aware regarding the process to change FB password at the earliest.
Procedure to Change Facebook Password in Windows OS and Mac OS X Device
- First, you need to press on the top right corner of the page and choose Settings
- Click on the ‘Password’ option.
- Enter your current and new password in the given empty field.
- Press the ‘Save’ button to save Changes
As the technology is getting advanced, users generally prefer accessing the Facebook account through Smartphone device and Tab with iOS and Android device. The functionalities to change password of your social media account using these devices is quite different from the procedure that needs to be adopted using web browser on Windows and Mac device
Procedure to Change Facebook Password in Android Device
- First, you need to open facebook on your Android device and select menu icon (three lines) on the right.
- Then, click on the Account> Account Settings.
- Click on‘General’ option to alter the general settings.
- Then click on the ‘Password’.
- Type your old password and the new password in an empty
- Click on change password button to save changes.
Procedure to Change Facebook Password in iOS Device
- First, open the Facebook application on your iOS device.
- Click on the ‘More’ button, located on the right side of the screen in the menu bar.
- Go down to the “Privacy Shortcuts”, and click on it.
- Then select More Setting> General> Password.
- You need to type current password and your new password in the empty field.
- After performing these steps you’re Facebook password will be changed.
The implementation of the procedures to change FB password on Windows, Mac, Android and IOS device is quite easy to follow. Though phone support is not available, but facebook customer service experts are available every time for your convenience. Just report the issues to Facebook in case you encounter any hurdle while changing your social networking account password.