Facebook has a huge amount of our personal and professional chat transcripts stored within the message section. No one wants to get their personal chats leaked as they can be really weird or they may contain some really private pictures or an information that can ruin your life.
To prevent this from happening one may think to delete all Facebook messages at once. But unfortunately, there is no direct option provided by Facebook to delete all messages at once. To clear your messenger inbox, you have to delete individually your chat one by one. However a Plug-in for Chrome browser, namely Facebook- Delete All Messages can help to get the job done.
How To Delete All Facebook Messages with Chrome Extension?
- Visit Google Chrome Web Store and Search the extension Facebook – Delete All Messages
- Click on the Extension and hit Add to Chrome This will add the extension to your Chrome Browser
- Now login your Facebook Account
- Click on Messages where you can see your entire chat history
- Click on the icon of Facebook – Delete All Messages extension located right top corner in your Chrome Browser.
- Now a notification bar appears where you have to click On clicking, It will show you a pop to confirm whether you really want to delete all your FB messages.
- Click on OK and wait for a few seconds to get all your Facebook messages deleted.
Frequently Asked Question on How to Delete Facebook Messages
There are many doubts and misconceptions related to deleting Facebook messages, that can be seen in the form of the frequently asked questions on the Internet. Some of the most common FAQs are as follows-
1 ) How to Delete All Conversation in Messenger?
There is no direct way to delete all messenger messages at once. You can clean your message inbox by deleting conversations individually. To delete your conversation in Facebook messenger, you have to follow these steps-
- Open the FB messenger app and find the conversion you want to delete.
- Tap on the Menu button and select Delete option
- You will get to see a dialogue box reading Delete This Entire Conversation. Tap Delete Conversation to confirm the deletion.
2 ) How to delete messages on Facebook Messenger on Android?
It is very easy to delete messages of Facebook Messenger on an Android phone. All you need to follow this series of action on your Android device.
- Open Facebook messenger app and scroll down to find the message you wish to delete.
- As you have found the message, long press it until a new screen shows up.
- Tap on Delete option and your message is deleted. You can perform the steps to delete other messages.
3 ) How to delete multiple messages on Messenger?
To delete multiple messages on FB messenger, you have to follow the same steps as mentioned above. Just perform the steps individually, on each message to finish the deletion of the desired message.
4 ) How to delete messages on Facebook with the iPhone or iPad?
Delete messenger message from your iOS with these easy steps-
- Open Facebook Messenger app from your iOS
- Select the message you want to delete and long press it until a new screen pops up
- Click on Delete and the job is done
5 ) How to recover deleted Facebook messages?
There is no way to recover deleted Facebook messages. It is only possible when you have Archived the message earlier. An Archived message’s history remains preserved ad you can retain it later whenever you want. If you get a message from the same person, the archived message will show up and a new message will be added to it.
Sometimes the same question is asked like- “Can a deleted Facebook message be retrieved” but the answer is the same.
6 ) How to delete Facebook messages fast?
Again, to delete all your Facebook messages fast, you can grab Chrome Extension to streamline the process of deleting all FB messages at once.
7 ) If I delete a conversation from my Fb messages, does it delete in messenger app?
If you delete a message on Facebook, it will be deleted from all Facebook platforms like messenger.com & messenger app.
8 ) Having trouble with deleting messenger messages, How to contact Facebook customer support?
Unfortunately, there is no direct contact support for Facebook, so you have to go for a reliable third party support for Facebook to acquire the desired help from techno-experts.